Monday, October 12, 2015

The confessions of a Project Mananger - An Introduction to the series


Why this experiment? You’re sure you want to write a series on this? You've lost your mind? With what capacity are you writing this? Are you a management Guru? Do I get to read some juicy secrets?

Errrr.. The top heard questions when I disclosed my next big series. The untold questions from my close circle are definitely more and better unheard!!

First let me introduce myself. I am a weird creature, that spends most of the time observing and double the time expressing, and triple the time keeping the conclusion to my notes.

After graduating from yet another Engineering College, I joined yet another Software giant to write yet another piece of code followed by yet another job change.

Midst the usual moving crowd and stagnant crowd of ID card displaying meeting sleepers, I started noticing the influence of each member to the progress of the project. This was the first motive for me to move from Technical career path to the Project Management path. It was a tough choice, too young for such a huge responsibility, still a kick of the un-tasted alcohol of management gave the urge to proceed.

I understood the importance of every individual’s emotion and how it contributed to the development of a society. This gave a push for me to dive deep into the pool of Psychology.  This is a pool which has already witnessed lot of people lost, Drowned, preaching but now, one manager, with the mix of all!

What qualifies me to write a series on this?
Nothing great. Just a half baked half MBA, half baked Psychologist, Half baked Manager, Half baked writer. But the only one specimen in this combination

What qualifies you to read?
Ability to read and understand English

Disclaimer:
All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. . I might take some example of what happens with my colleagues working in other organization but never a reference to my personal life or people I have met in my career. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Still if you find someone with the same characteristics of what I have written in any of my article, please understand that there are probably so many people with the same composition. Don’t ignore the article, but check if is fits your size and don’t miss on the take away.




1 comment:

  1. Catchy Start :) !!! Waiting to read #1 Confession :) ;) :P

    ReplyDelete